Saturday, April 10, 2010

Pax and Ash






The sprinklers came on for the first time since before winter. This was earlier today, when all the pups were enjoying themselves. Pax, on the far right, seems bored when Ash and Denali fight. Ash is in the middle and Denali (Ash's sister, we are dogsitting for a friend while she is out of town) is egging him on. I really enjoy just sitting out there with the dogs. Pax knows when I go sit out on the cinder block out in the grass that she should grab her roll-y ball with a rope through the middle. She fetches it and drops it at my feet. I grab the rope and whip it over my head from behind and throw it as far away as I can. She is so tootin' quick. She darts and bites the purple ball and brings it back to me in excitement. I love my dog.



Ash, on the other hand, is a lover and not a fighter. He usually sticks close to me while I go outside. I sit down on the ground and he comes up into my lap. He just starts licking my face and lays down right next to me, next to me with paws on my legs, or just sits in my lap. He just chills and I scratch his stomach and rub his ears. He's a sweetheart. When Denali is around, they fight. They usually do well until they start running around the yard. In that case, Ash starts biting and fighting hard with Denali and they get loud and angry with their barks. I separate them. When I come near, Ash knows who's in charge---he stops fighting, slicks his ears back, and comes to me licking me. Silly dog.



Sam and I couldn't have chosen a better pair of dogs. Other than their obsession with digging...we're good. They play very well together, they don't fight, they roll around the yard together, they share their food. We're so happy with our choices. I always thought I'd want a dalmatian for a dog, but having an aussie has been so rewarding. Ash is proving to be a loyal, loving, and wonderful dog as well. He turned 5 months old today! He's got plenty of growing to do!



Have a great day!



No comments:

Post a Comment