Sunday, April 4, 2010

How to Hang Pictures: Cheap Edition




I just don't have the money to buy 1200 picture frames. Sure, each individual photo in all it's glory displayed collectively on the wall can be a great addition to any home decor. I am cheap and I have a lot of pictures to hang in my bathroom.

Last summer while I was in Kansas I shot 2-4 rolls of film for the blooming sunflower field. I was going through my pictures upstairs and I found all these beautiful and colorful shots! I wanted to spruce up my bare naked bathroom with a bit of life. With no frames in sight, but my sewing kit handy, I grabbed a few things to make vertical pictures hangers!


Here's what you'll need:

tape
thread (you could use ribbon if you wanted a bit of oomph!)
nails
hammer
pictures
patience



Lay your pictures face down on a big working surface in a line with even spacing between and even edges.

Make sure your pictures are all facing the same way (otherwise, you'll end up with a few pictures face up and a few upside down when you finish!).

Cut two strands of thread long enough to cover the length of the pictures and a few extra inches up top so you can tie a knot. Start from the bottom and tape the thread to the back of the pictures.

Pull the thread taut so you won't have uneven pictures and so it won't hang crooked.

After you finish taping thread to the pictures, tie a knot at the top and lift the entire thing up by the knot. You'll have pictures hanging down (hopefully in the right direction!) and ready to hang on your wall.






Hammer a nail into the wall at the height you want your photos and hang the thread on the nail! TADA! I must say, my bathroom is like a sunflower field now with all those pictures!



Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment