Friday, April 23, 2010

Pup Pix



Ash and Pax waiting for treats. Ash kept getting up and trying to walk away, so Sam would push his butt down and funny enough, this time he laid down and scootched near Pax. We couldn't have planned it better.



Pax and Ash waiting for treats




Although I do have a bit to talk about on the "desserts and sweets" corner of my world, the main point will be of just how cute my pups are. I love my dogs. They are so wonderful. It rained today. Pax hates being outside all soggy when we are inside nice and toasty.




Ash---oh Ash! He likes to put his paws up. He usually howls or sticks out his tongue, as he did here. I was so happy I caught this shot of him.


Ash, just waiting to be petted!




Onto the desserts and sweets!

Work was good today. I almost didn't go into town. We had a freak hailstorm last night and it snowed/rained all night and all morning this morning. I decided to brave the elements to go into town to make cheesecake pops. Dave needed some for a meeting he was planning on having with a couple of big wigs.

I made three cheesecakes today. Plain. Shortbread crust. Vanilla Bean.

While those cheesecakes were baking, I dipped my cheesecake pops in chocolate. After they hardened, I tried one. I decided that my crust needs to be revised. I LOVE shortbread crust but decided that it is too bland. It melts in with the cheesecake and I feel as if it's all just "blah" in my mouth. I need something a bit different. That will be my goal for next week. Graham cracker crust? Pretzel crust? Vanilla Wafer Crust? Any thoughts?

Dave and I have decided that I will cease making more desserts until we get more business---just the desserts no one seems to buy. The pies and chocolate mousse cake will be postponed until further notice. I will make carrot cake and cheesecake until business picks up. It's kinda sad. I just hope business picks up so that I can make more crazy and cool cakes.

On a personal note, Sam and I are doing better with this whole "You're in the Air Force, now you aren't, and now you are again" thing. We seem to be pulling ourselves back to a balance and are doing okay with it. We just need to get used to the idea of staying here again! We really had ourselves convinced.


I hope your day is grand.

No comments:

Post a Comment