Monday, January 18, 2010

Mandarin Orange and Strawburrrrrrries


My husband requested a strawberry cheesecake. I own a fewTorani syrups, mandarin orange and strawberry being two of them. Since we live out of town a few miles and I didn't have fresh strawberries on hand, I decided to use my syrups in my cheesecake. We shall see how it turns out tomorrow after it cools down in the fridge.


It's a finalized yes on the restaurant-- I'll be meeting with the owner and another person who will be in charge of catering and marketing to discuss the upcoming opening and things we need to get in order. I anticipate it!

I shared my cheesecake (vanilla bean and my reeses cup) with my neighbor who in turn shared it with her friends who raved about it. I also gave some vanilla bean cheesecake to Dave, the owner of the restaurant, who in turn gave some to his wife's coworkers. They also thought it was amazing.

Confession: I don't really like cheesecake. THERE. I said it. I really love to bake them! I just don't enjoy eating them. I'm so thankful people love them! I appreciate the opportunity to bake them for others.

My gracious! Went on a run today with Sam, my husband, and our dog Pax. It was so lovely outside! Since my husband got back from deployment, working out has not been a huge priority for me. I can feel it in my bones--- I'm growing weak! We ran hard and walked a bit too. Pax was eager to explore as far as we'd let her.



I must admit that Colorado skies are so lovely. Almost as lovely as Kansas skies. So open and big...when the stars shine it's as if you could count all the millions of them and reach up and grab them.
I particularly enjoyed this afternoon's clouds. The colors were so lovely and beautiful (of course, this is altered).

This week's agenda- carrot cake and chocolate mousse cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment