Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Sometimes I wonder!

Sometimes I wonder about people...

This week at work has been a wreck. It's been frustrating. I've gotten to check in mean people, get yelled at on the phone, and get chewed out by people who, by their own mistake, didn't have a pet friendly room reserved and needed one.

Working at a hotel can be fun. You meet so many different types of people and can have the chance to be so nice to them for just five minutes and lift up their day. Working at a hotel can also mean that you are the cause of the guest's problems, no matter what it is, and you will bear the brunt of the anger and wrath of the disgruntled guest.

I wonder how people get to the point where they can treat someone so cruelly, so harshly, and without any tact or care. Is the world really becoming that cold of a place? I feel sometimes as if I lose patience with these types of people but know that I must maintain composure and be kind.

The only thing I've baked lately is a chocolate cake with a peanut butter frosting. I used my original chocolate cake recipe and made up a peanut butter frosting with heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar, butter, and some peanut butter. It turned out quite well. People at work who tasted it (who claim they dont like cake) ate two big slices!

Family is coming this weekend! Pretty tootin' excited about that!!


No comments:

Post a Comment