Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Pie Pops

I apologize-- no pictures today. My hands were too far into crisco and flour to snap photos. I like my camera flour free, thank you.

Pie Pops. These are pies on a stick...or at least bite size pieces of pie. I make filling, wrap it with a pie crust round (about the size of your palm) and then seal the edges together and around a lollipop stick. Speaking of the devil....

I had a bit of trouble debating whether or not to stick the lollipop sticks in to the oven when I baked my pie pops. I figured...worse that could happen would be the oven would explode and we all would die. I didn't think that would happen, so I went for it and stuck the lollipop sticks into the pie filling, wrapped crust around it, and threw in the oven. HA!

They turned out okay. I found out that the typical shape of two rounds with filling inside, seal the edges, and stick a lollipop stick in the middle (stick was horizontally placed in the pie pop)--- didn't work out. The stick came right out. But if I put filling in a large piece of dough, then wrapped the dough up and around the filling and up onto the stick in a vertical manner, the lollipop stick didn't come out of the pie pop when it was done. It stuck and I could wave the pie pop around in the air without it being flung into my coworker's face. No pie in the face here!

I think I'll retry making pie pops--- I just want a different option than dipping my pie filling in chocolate. Sure it's easy and looks nice, but I want something that stands apart from the rest. We'll see.


I gave Sam some of my tri-layer chocolate mousse cake today to take to share at work. He took it there and offered some to one of his friends. The cake was placed in the fridge for a while, untouched. Another friend came in and asked if he could have a piece. Sam said "SURE!" and that friend grabbed the to-go box full of four pieces of mousse cake, and proceeded to eat ALL FOUR PIECES. Mind you, those four pieces accounted for a fourth of a cake from work. Later, when Sam and his friend went back to get some cake, and saw it was all gone, all they could say was "DUDE. DUDE." HA! I guess they like my cake?


Dave also told me about how a fireman, originally from New York, was raving about my cheesecake, saying it was better than what they had up in New York and it was so creamy and dense that "you could lift weights with that cake!" Whatever that means... :) I was pretty proud. That makes the second New Yorkian (New Yorkan? New Yorker?) to rave about my cheesecake. *toots own horn!*

Alright. More pictures to come soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment