Thursday, June 2, 2011

Camo Army Tank Cake




I enjoy making cakes.

I enjoy being creative.

Therefore, I enjoy being creative while making cakes.

A friend of mine via connection of military spouses was throwing her son a birthday party. He is big into military stuff. He wanted a Camo Army Tank cake. I said "YES!"

Here we have a regular chocolate cake.


I then layered it with frosting and put the second layer on top.



I then sculpted the front to look like the front of a tank and cut the back end stubby.




I kinda left out the part about making the camo fondant--- basically I rolled about 30 balls of different shades of greens and browns and stuck them together flat on the greased table. I then rolled it out and let the colors mix a bit to form the camo. Pretty easy but time consuming.


I used a dowel rod to support the top layer. Hopefully this gives you a bit of inspiration! I know I loved making it.

No comments:

Post a Comment