Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Baking for a living!

I decided to face my fears and put myself and my baking out there! I mentioned that I'm interested in taking orders for cheesecakes and for fondant cakes. Within an hour, I had 3 new clients lined up for cakes. I won't forget these first few people who are buying my goods.

Stress at my current job thrust me into this new realm. I realize that I should be doing something I love and I don't want to regret not taking this risk, even if it's a small risk.


It's really quite relieving-- to be doing something I love and to know that people want my goods. Pictures will come soon! In fact, that's one of the many reasons I'm branching out to serve people with my desserts--I need a portfolio. I consider one day applying at a major wedding bakery and realize that if I don't have the work to back it up I won't really be taken seriously.

It starts bringing out questions like "where do I get my boxes and cardboard rounds?" "do I need a business plan?" It's times like this where I need someone to grow up near to train me on these types of things. I guess it's all a learning process I'll have to figure out. It'll make me stronger, eh?!

What do I have that other bakers do not? It's THAT distinction that will be my springboard and help me become great at what I love to do.

Onward and upward!

No comments:

Post a Comment