Saturday, February 5, 2011

Delicious White Velvet Cake

I enjoy checking out cupcake blogs and on one there was a link for White Velvet CupCakes. I checked it out and tried the recipe today. As I type this, white velvet cake is baking in the oven. I usually can't stand the flavor of homemade white cakes because they taste like cornbread. Not this one!

This recipe is beyond simple. It tastes so great. I highly recommend using organic/raw sugar. I don't know if it scientifically changes the flavor of the cake, but I swear by it. I try not to buy white sugar anymore.


White Velvet Cake

2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1 stick butter
about 3 tsp baking powder

3egg whites
2/3 cups milk
vanilla and almond extract

mix the first set of ingredients in a mixer.

whisk the second set.

add them both together.

bake at 350 for a little over 20 minutes or until a knife comes out clean.

YUM!


I hope you enjoy these as much as I do.




No comments:

Post a Comment