Saturday, January 16, 2010

The Cream Cheese Chasm

What a glorious day.
I fully anticipate the opening of a new restaurant here in Colorado Springs, where I will be baking my fine cheesecakes and other sweets.
My photography keeps me sane and adventurous.
I look forward to posting my adventures, my mishaps, and my humble wisdom.

It wasn't until I was twenty that I started baking cheesecakes. I despised those instant cheesecake mixes you find on any shelf in a grocery. They tasted...well...instant. I desired a more full, rich, and delightful cheesecake. I invested in spring form pans and took a leap into the cream cheese chasm. Battered but not bruised, I haven't looked back. I have expanded my cakery skills into carrot cakes, chocolate cakes, and mousse layer cakes. Of course I enjoy to bake cookies, divinity, and sugared almonds, but cheesecakes take the cake.

I always considered myself to be a creative person. An artist. Not necessarily the eccentric hippy type, but the type that is more in tune with reality and the general rules of society. I dabbled in charcoal and pen but never gave a second thought to photography. Just recently, I have accumulated many photography items- a macro lens, a fish eye lens, a tripod, two camera cases, and an amazing Canon Rebel T1i (thank you wonderful husband!).

I anticipate my blog to be filled with pictures, sweets and treats, as well as general thoughts on life or current situations.

Enjoy, friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment